- Using a PC desktop or laptop computer, install the software suite SetupVTECH.exe located here: http://tinyurl.com/velocityapvtechinstaller
- Open the software suite, connect the VTech tool to the USB Port and allow it to update.
- Once updated, disconnect from PC and connect OBDII Cable to device.
- Ensure vehicle is connected to a battery tender or power source to maintain a constant voltage
- Connect device to OBDII Port. Select ‘Tuning’ and Select your vehicle and engine type. Follow instructions on screen to proceed to read the original file from the car.
- ****Note – It’s very common for the vehicle to display fault codes or error states after reading/writing process is completed, due to transmission, body etc. modules being powered down while the ECU is powered up. These should clear after 5 or 6 engine starts. If keys are not detected, leave vehicle alone for 45mins, after time lapses, keys will be detected again. *******
- Once completed, return to computer, open software and connect to the device. Select ‘Download Data’ and save the output file with titled, as VAP order number + last 8 digits of VIN + entire client name.
- Ex: 12345 – 12345678 – John Smith Original Read.usr
- Proceed to http://www.velocityap.com/ecu-file-upload/
- Be advised when you select VTech for device, an additional field will be displayed requiring your VTech serial number (SN located on VTech PC program top right corner OR on device screen when plugged to PC).
- “Special Requests”: area to list any requests like additional pops and bangs, start/stop disable, gear msg off, egr disable…etc.
- “Modification”: We do NOT assume any parts will be added. If added parts are not mentioned in this field, they will NOT be edited into the mod file.
- Once completed, click “Submit” and you will receive an email confirmation of submission.
- Please do not ask questions in submission form, inquire with us in advance. Any questions in submission form will be discarded.
- RETURN OF YOUR MOD FILE IS USUALLY COMPLETED IN 24-48HRS. FOR ASSISTANCE, PLEASE CONTACT: [email protected]
- If not already performed, please register an account, so the tuning file can be returned: https://www.velocityap.com/my-account/
- Upon receipt of your MOD file – save this file to the PC.
- Connect VTech and open software.
- Select ‘Upload Data’ and select the MOD file from its saved location.
- Connect vehicle to power source.
- Connect VTech to OBDII port, select Tuning and select the MOD file you wish to flash
- Follow instructions on screen to complete programming.
- YOU DO NOT NEED TO UPLOAD THE ‘ORIGINAL’ READ BACK TO THE DEVICE TO FLASH BACK TO STOCK, IT IS ALREADY ON VTECH DEVICE.
**BEFORE DEALER/SERVICE VISIT: We strongly recommend flashing the original file back to the car prior to a dealer visit. Some dealer software updates can cause the tune to be wiped from the computer, and if this happens when the last operation was to flash a MOD file, the programmer is now useless.